How to Avoid Costly Plumbing Repairs
Best Plumbers In Temecula
We’ve all been there. One moment, everything in your house is working fine, the next, a pipe has burst below the sink and your bathroom is flooded. You turn off the water to your house, call your local plumber, and proceed to pick your jaw off the floor when you hear the cost to repair. Plumbing can be very expensive!
Plumbing disasters happen, but you can prevent them by calling the best plumbers in Temecula. Save loads of money by following these handy prevention tips.
Schedule plumbing maintenance
Just as you schedule regular doctor visits to prevent nasty illness, or schedule regular car maintenance to make sure your car is safe, you should schedule regular plumbing maintenance to make sure your home plumbing is secure! The cost of a maintenance trip is far less than the potential cost of a nasty leakage, so be sure to do your part in making sure your plumbing is maintained. Be sure to also have your sewer lines inspected regularly, as damaged sewer lines mean smelly, and ruined yards. You should contact the best plumbers in Temecula and follow these tips.
Inspect your home yourself
In between plumbing maintenance visits, there are some things you can do to protect your home yourself:
- Check your faucets. Not all faucet leaks cause an annoying drip. Be sure to inspect the area around the faucet for wet surfaces, warped wood, or other signs of water damage. Find the leak before it causes more damage!
- Test your toilets. By placing a couple drops of food coloring in your toilet, you can test for issues. Drop some food coloring in, and take note of the color. If after an hour the water has changed colors or lightened color, something is wrong, so call a plumber to fix the problem.
- Check your hose faucets outside for signs of leakage. Nighttime frost or below-freezing winter temps can cause cracks in the outdoor pipes and cause leakage.
- Invest in shut-off valves leading to your major appliances. Shut-off valves are devices used to control a water supply. You are likely familiar with the main shut-off valve of your home, which controls whether or not your home has running water. You can install individual shut-off valves for each of your appliances, such as your dishwasher, washing machine, or refrigerator. This gives you another layer of protection against water damage, as you can shut off a broken appliance separate from the whole house.
- Check your appliances for wear. Things like rubber washers, plastic hoses, etc. can become damaged over time. Additionally, check appliances for buildup, such as lint, as these can cause damage over time.
- Protect your pipes from clogs. Never pour grease or fat in your pipes, make sure you have a hair strainer in your shower drain, and never flush anything but natural human waste and toilet paper down the toilet drain.
Following these tips and scheduling regular plumbing maintenance can save you tons of cash down the line. Protect and inspect your home plumbing, and you’ll prevent and catch most catastrophes before they happen!
For more information, call So Cal Services today at (951) 926-1978. Contact the best plumbers in Temecula and schedule a free estimate today.